Future City Summit (the FCS) is an annual meeting hosted by the Good City Foundation, supported by 35 City Partners in Asia, Africa, Europe and North America. The annual meet promotes insights of cities in the domains of social technology innovations, urban design and public governance and provides an inclusive networking platform with future young city leaders.
In the 7th Annual Meet, with the main theme “Legacy Rejuvenating – Little Dragon Rise Again”, we strive to reassess the future linkage of city branding to the core-competitiveness of Hong Kong, while the city seeks for a common ground to reassemble all passionate and critical minds to reinvigorate the socio-economic vibrancy and connectivity to the world.
While the city is determined to repurpose towards innovation and technology hub upon its strong global financial foundation, a stronger spirit of socio-economic and cultural coherency shall fill up our neighborhood and the brand name of Hong Kong through diversities among 18 districts. Besides the Keynote and Panel Discussion in the morning, the key session “Our City Festival Sandbox” is an open workshop in the afternoon for all stakeholders and voices to share, debate and brainstorm constructively towards a shared brand that truly reconnects us in Hong Kong to the world again.
Date: 13th December 2022 (Tuesday)
Time: 9am – 5pm HKT (In-Person Event, Chatham House Rule)
– Keynote and Panels in the morning
– City Festival Sandbox in the afternoon
Venue: Inno2, 2/F, 17W, Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks, Hong Kong SAR
Highlighted Panel Sessions:
1. Impact Investment Landscape Dialogue – In Search of “Zebra Companies” during the Global Secular Stagflation, Where and How?
– Jo Chan, Vice President of Investor Relations of the AngelHub
– Stephanie Ko, Director of LQ Pacific Partners
– Cintia Nunes, Director of The Mills Fabrica
– Francesco Stadler, Director of Impact Funds & Ventures of the Sustainable Finance Initiative (SFi)
2. City Economic Outlook Dialogue – Post-Pandemic Society, Gray Rhinos and What Slows Cities Down From Growing?
– Michael Cheuk-Hon Chan, MPH, Curator – Hong Kong Hub of Global Shapers Community
– Gan Yi Reng, Manager of Urban Mechanics of the ThinkCity Malaysia
– Dr. Pamela Tin, PhD, Assistant Research Director; Head of Healthcare & Social Development Research of Our Hong Kong Foundation
– Luke Tam, Co-Founder & Community Engagement Director of the Kaifong Tour
3. Fireside Chat on Meanings of “Festival”, Intergenerational Society and Spirit to Breakthrough
– Richard Hsu, Founder of PAN-Asia Network
– Joe Sidek, Managing Director, Joe Sidek Productions; Director of George Town Festival